Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Brief Update

My friends are arguing again.

It's not that it's really anything heavy, with friendships on the line or anything. It's just not a conversation I care about. I'm half-listening to them but I'm simply wondering what's going on. What I'm doing. I'm trying to think of something to write about, a story to tell, but nothing's really coming. A personal character of mine, a female gunslinger named Rachel Aensland, needs a personality and I'm not coming up with anything. I'm basing her too much off of myself. I don't think it's my fault a lot of the time, I can't control what inspiration comes to me. Some of my best ideas have come out of nowhere, and I wish that happened more often. But I suppose I just need to write. As I'm doing now. Hopefully the inspiration will come in time.

I gotta get on the ball and watch more movies. Too many good movies coming out nowadays that I can't watch since I'm poor. I use that excuse a lot. But that's the only way I can justify the fact that I don't experience what's expected of me. Usually, it's the truth. But I don't like being expected to experience certain movies, certain TV shows, certain games. I experience what I want to. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

I justify myself a lot. Probably has to do with the fact that I think differently than everyone else. They need to get over that.

I'm a writer with nothing to write about. It's probably since I don't have much experience. Sometimes I feel I'm more suited for art than prose. But I'm a far better writer than artist, so here I am. I need to start living.

I have a tendency to worry, but I don't think there's much to worry about here. I'll have better writing days. But I should start expanding my portfolio, as it were. I also need to write here more often, if I'm going to start being serious about my writing. Stay tuned, I have another update to put up. That is, if I still have an audience.

1 comment: